Sunday, December 12, 2010

It's Christmastime In The City....

If you know me, you know I LOVE Christmas lights and luckily, Singapore has no shortage of them! Sunday night, I went down to Orchard (Orchard is the Times Square of Singapore) to take pictures of the extravagant Christmas decorations and lights. Each shopping center has a different theme and each year there is a contest for "Best Decorated". There were also choirs and different performances along the 2 mile stretch of Orchard. Despite the 90 degree weather, it really kind of puts you in the Christmas spirit. Here are a few of my favorite trees and decorations....(click on the picture for a bigger image)


This one is my favorite!



The Tiffany and Co. tree! It's covered with little blue boxes ;-)
The Tree at Ion. It is HUGE and beautiful! You can actually walk inside!


The tree topper!

There was a beautiful Nativity scene but too many people were taking the pictures for me to get a good one. Hopefully, I will get back down to Orchard before they take all of the decorations down and get some more pictures!

1 comment:

  1. I always loved the christmas lights in Singapore! Gives you a little holiday spirit! I love all the trees this year.
    Hope y'all have a merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete